View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 01:42 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Nature always has a way of reminding us who is ultimately in charge...glad the family is ok Kien and bittersweet on the tank as it is a part of the family too....

I talked to one of my cousins he was one of the areas put under mandatory evacuation went home after being away for 33 hrs found that his house was one of the few in his neighbourhood that was left untouched by the floods that being said when he got to his house he discovered that 28 cats 15 dogs and some other critters had taken up residence at his place and because he had a pet door for his cats and dog the neighbouring animals made themselves at home in his house.

With the help of neighbours, SPCA and emergency services all the animals were reunited with owners or taken to local shelters. Unfortunately they did make a mess of his kitchen and living room and some other areas of his house. But he and his wife kept their sense of humour as they have a sign in their window stating they are a pet friendly house and apparently all the neighbourhood animals took them up on the offer