View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensquire View Post
Good Party

When you do your water changes, are you just dumping the volume of the sump or do you drain part of your DT as well? I hear you about the hoses and pumps and buckets. I like the ease of your setup...
Haha, yeah it was a gooder. Beleive it or not.... it was an airsoft bullet that cracked the front payne. lol.

The first skimmer tank will be the one that gets drained. It is about 30 gallons. It has a hole drilled into the middle that goes right to the drain in the laundry room. Then gets filled by changing the flow in the saltwater mixing pail from re-circ to fill. I figure this is the best one, as it is the point of entry from the main display, and will probably build up a lot of detritus and stuff. So i'll just give the water a mix to stir it all up then dump it.

This tank:

I am already planning on an upgrade for that first skimmer sump. The current one is around 50X15X10, and will turn into a frag tank outside the closet. I will get a new one very similar, but a bit bigger for larger water changes. I was thinking something like 50X24X12 for the new one

They call it addiction for a reason...

Last edited by FishyFishy!; 06-07-2013 at 06:49 PM.