View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 06:15 PM

KPG007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoh View Post
What fixture is it? When I got my Vertex's they are about three times heavier than my previous fixture, I slowly put the light down to support the weight and the bracket ripped right out of the wall. Thankfully I was prepared and had my hand underneath the fixture otherwise it would of ended up in the drink! My problem is, the wall has no studs in it, just drywall, and the ceiling is concrete - so I'm SOL on all counts. I ended up using drywall anchors and drilling 3 more holes in the bracket, and really long screws and it's been holding up fine.
I have a stud finder, so I know where to mount it, its more like can 2 screws and a thin cable support that much weight?
I got a great deal on an 4 foot 8 Bulb Geissmann Infinity light. I still prefer T5's and the price price of this was equal to one LED panel (I would need at least 4 to do a proper job on my SPS dominated tank)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocus View Post
you could make a aluminum frame that sits ontop of your tank and suspend the light from that.i built one for my friend for under $20 for a 3' tank
I thought about making a bracket, but I might just try hanging it first.