View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 02:06 AM

Cubeman is on a distinguished road

Lost 4 frags in that last shipment (1 DOA and 3 due to the monti eating nudi's). Rest of the tank is doing well but am beginning to think I will not be turning the light up past 50 percent as there is significant coral colour lightening occurring for anything not in the shade regardless of where it is height wise. I will leave the "white" channel at 50 percent and play with the blue channel to gain a blend that is pleasing to my eye.

My Tunze 9004 skimmer has reacted badly only once and overflowed but other than that has behaved admirably for a small skimmer. Within 2 days of it running I stopped getting daily algae on the glass and am now having to use the cleaning magnet 1-2 times per week instead of every day. Still giving me some microbubbles but not a lot of tweaking can be done with this model so am hoping it sorts itself out as it matures. If anyone with the same model has any advice please chime up!

No fish yet but I added a couple of porcelain crabs this week. One was the standard colour and the other is a blue/purple colour. I've only seen the regular one a couple of times but the blue one is out in the open all the time actively straining the water column so I snapped this picture today.