View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 12:32 AM

neoh is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down King Eds? Wow! I'm done with them!

I just stopped by King Eds to take a look for some snails and took a gander through their livestock.

When I ended up in the saltwater area - the man who is always there - most would remember and know him as the 'chain and toothpick guy' who is normally standing by the door was working the salty area. A young guy who was with his girlfriend was being told how to care for his new percula clown pair and anenome in their brand new tank they just bought."turn the lights on when you get up and turn them off before you go yo bed" he says. Yeah... what about the fact you have no business buying a marine fish before atleast keeping a damn Betta first.

But see, that wasn't the part that made me storm away and leave to never return. It got better. Apparently pointing out dead fish is a big no-no. Personally, as a business owner myself, if a customer points out an error wether it be useful or not, needs to be taken into consideration. But when a dead fish can completely irraticate your entire livestock - I would be thankful if someone pointed it out. I didn't find one dead marine fish - I found 7. Hippo tang, one damsel, two wrasses, and a gorgeous emporer angel belly up. When I pointed them out, I was polite and courteous.

He picked out a few of them, then passed a couple off as "normal." Sorry, been around long enough to know a foul dead fish when I see one. They weren't naping.

I took a look for what I came in for since he was readily available, then I noticed one more carcass - white, half eaten and festering while seemingly sucking the life right out of a blue tip anemone, as he was attached at the stem. I pointed it out to him. He took barely a glance and angrily replied that clownfish swim with anemones. Yeah - I know that. But look - he's half eaten and dead - interrupted "then don't buy one."

Noted. Thank you. Unacceptable. The fish dif not look healthy, and wouldn't be surprised if they lasted another two weeks without some sort of treatment. If you don't believe me, go see for yourself.

Great coral prices and specimens, but horrible livestock care and customer service. It's truly a shame that I will never return.