Thread: lastlight's 93
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Well I hate to update without pictures but I hate ignoring your request even more so here we go with a quick rundown lol.

I've gotten the hair algae completely under control now. I purchased a couple things that helped me out:

- Gravel suction attachment for my siphon. Getting a ton of poop out now during my water changes.
- Yellow tang who decimated my algae in a week and does a great job of keeping it in check
- diamond watchman goby that actually sifts my sand. Tank was cloudy for days as he worked his magic. No tank should be without one. My yellow watchman is such a slacker!

Other new fish I've added:

- squarespot anthias pair
- orangeback wrasse

With the new additions my skimmer is finally picking up the pace. I'm still skimming fairly wet but the colour is darker and I'm draining the cup daily out of necessity.

As far as equipment and DIY goes I replaced my 10g water change tank with a larger tank so I can perform larger changes if I want and also not have water sloshing over the edges of the tiny 10g. I've got my parts ready to build my mesh top as well and I'm looking forward to ditching the 3M sticky hooks that are currently holding the screen in place.

I'm adding the odd coral here and there but for the most part I'm just letting things stabilize. Strangely my coraline has not yet taken off but until recently hair algae occupied most spaces on the rocks.