View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 AM

fixerupper is on a distinguished road
Default Some iPhone photos

I'm just using my iPhone at the moment as I can't find my camera since my trip to Calif. Undoubtedly I put it somewhere safe...

Most of you are probably aware of the pitfalls of iPhone newbie shots but they are: out of focus (camera focuses on the glass not the subject) and show WAY too much blue.

FTS

Rescue corals-moved from my 100g they've encrusted the plug and are doing well. Monti cap 3x the original size taken at 100% white 0% Blue

Encrusting monti secured in place 5 weeks ago

Pic of the light -tank is way under exposed obviously

Green Monti from Wayne more than doubled in size in a poorly lit part of the tank

Interesting disco effect. Re-scaped the rock work and in a small area in almost full shade the light shows this weird disco pattern. Didn't have it before and it's nowhere else in the tank. I need to remove the lenses on the red/green LEDs to see if it disappears. That green monti cap is 3-4" from the bottom and is still a little bleached. Looks white here but in reality it's just a pale green. Gotta try dimming down a notch.

20 year old Hagen 100g 6' mixed reef. 36g sump with multiple broken Waveline products removed. Lights T5-LED combo.
1 Coral Beauty, 1 Flame, 1 Blue Tang, 5 Green Chromis, 2 Pajama Cardinals, Asst'd hermits & snails.
2 large boxes of broken expensive aquarium crap. 1 x VERY understanding wife.