View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 AM

windcoast reefs is on a distinguished road
Currently I would stay away from the d600. At least until the supply chain is purged of the models with issues. There is a bad case of dust being pulled thought the camera into the inner workings. I've sold a few dozen d600's in the past month and I've had 11 returned to nikon with dust issues. I'm not sure if nikon has identified a batch or specific serials, but it might be worth a call to nikon Canada to confirm. I'm still waiting to hear back from my nikon rep to see if it's an isolated batch or not.

Also the d600 is running at 24mp and the d800 is 36mp. It's a big difference but unless your shooting commercial work I wouldn't bother with the d800. If your looking for high ISo then any of the cameras you mentioned will work gear for that, even the d7000 is a great low light performer.

I think your on the right track with renting the camera first, you may find out its way to much or just right.

Anyway you go, you'll get a good camera, just keep an eye on the d600 and check for dust periodically.