View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 02:52 AM

Nano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NU-2reef View Post
Your prescription is not that bad but having prism will make it difficult. If the optical centre of the lens is not directly in front of the pupil you can create a plus or minus effect of prism power. This will create a muscle imbalance causing a headache and discomfort and in the long run permanent fixation of the eye muscle. I assume this can be an issue when the person making the glasses has no idea how the frame fits to your face which means they will make it to the general centre of the frame. I can go on and on but my advise is don't do it. I'll be sending them back more often than actual use time.

If u really need to save the bucks and buy from them I suggest finding the frame design u like and try them on in a local store and kindly ask if the optician would mark the lens for your eyes and take all needed measurement so you can provide these to cc contacts.

I am an optician by the way. This is the same advise I would give my family.

Clearly contacts are bettr for contacts and simple prescriptions.
Cheers
When you enter your prescription they ask specifically for that measurement, pupillary distance etc. Personally I just camt justify the cost of buying them through my optician as its not the frames that are the issue but the lenses being upwards of $450 which is completely ridiculous.