View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I have to profess I am sort of confused that your consumption rates seem to be so high at this point. Given my understanding on how the world works, I would expect that the initial dosing would be based on the gap between your target levels and and the leves of your salt mix, which, given the larger tank volume, would make sense that it may require an excessive initial dosing .. but once there, I would have expected that the nominal or day to day dosing would be based on replacing that which is consumed by coral growth and coraline and so on. Ie., it should taper off and then gradually increase to match the growth (ie. as corals get bigger, there is more corals to take more Ca and Alk, and stuff..). To be dumping in >1gallon of Can and Alk dosing per day just seems very surprising. Unless you have way more corals than I think you do .. maybe I need to look at them pictures again!