View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 07:11 AM

jason604 is on a distinguished road
Default Possible zoa poisoning

So yesterday I bought a couple zoas. I did do some research on them prior to purchasing and read that they contain palytoxins which is apparently the most poisonous natural substance known to man! Anyways I took extra precaution when I tramsfered them to my tank. Wearing gloves when I was moving them, but I think I must have accidentally touched the tubing end in which I sucked in to siphon water to acclimate them. I then felt a bit dizzy about a few minutes later but didn't really think anything of it. After I finish putting them in my tank my heart slightly started to race then followed by hard time breathing. I then googled and found out these were the signs of palytoxin poisoning which would soon lead to body paralysis and death. I think kind of freaked out and my heart started to pound more n had a much harder time breathing. I thought I was just scaring myself into thinking that I actually got poisoned and that it was just all in my head. I then just slept it off. Then today I felt odd and my left arm is all numb and aches even till now. I went to my doctor and he said I might have gotten slightly poisoned by ingesting the poison. He then told me If I were to ingest a higher amount I would only have had 90mins to get treated at the hospital ori would have died!!! Next time I'm not taking any chances with these things and will go to the hospital ASAP! Be careful with your zoas guys!!, don't take any risk and remember the most beautiful things in life can be the most deadly!