View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 01:37 AM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
our powder blues at concept aquatics are $55.00 each and our mystery wrasses are $100.00 while im sure i could get more as pb's in town go for closer to $80 bucks we price them the same way we price anything , not based on what we can get but a general markup by percentage based on cost , so if cost is reasonable and the markup never changes then the product stays at a good price.

my price on a juvie emperor angel was 79.99 while big als just right next door to us was 189.99..............huge difference, but after seeing this one would think i should mark the price up but its not like that ,not to us anyways, we took the cost plus all other costs and applied our retail markup which is the same for fish and for corals and the price was $80......no need to get greedy right

i think youll find mark up on fish isnt regulated and is sure to change from store to store , as always its up to the consumer to shop for best prices and make their purchases based on knowlege learned.

cheers

denny
concept aquatics
THIS is how a business should run. Markup a set rate. Not what can I get for it. The world would be a better place and everyone, buisnesses' included would be better off. The What will the market bear is BS. I could charge way more for my powdercoating, but I charge a fair labour/materials rate and customers keep coming back, I'm improving the world and making money at it. If I charged what they would pay, I would have less customers in the long run and make less.

I seen that bck when I was 20, Ohh 20 years ago (dating myself I know) The Night Club I worked in had us change how we made Paralyzers. More coke than Milk. Cause milk was too expensive they said. I did the math. We lost lots of sales, mine included BC the Paralyzers tasted like crap. Then they said, well were not sellin and makin enough, we have to raise prices!. heres a concept, lower prices a little and get double the business!!!

Umm, a tank or 5