View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 06:08 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

low alkalinity that could be caused by a water change would not wipe out your tank and kill your fish. Something else must have killed a fish, which created ammonia and then created a chain reaction and killed more fish, and corals.

If your alkalinity is 8 and you do a 20% water change with a salt that is 5kh, that will not affect your KH in your tank significantly.

I had my kh at 5 before I started dosing at some point and that did not kill anything in my tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostafew View Post
I had the same issue. Bought my bucket from a local vendor on Boxing day of 2011. Sad to say it killed my tank. Alk was low, Mag and Calc were through the roof, who knows what else was wrong. Took me forever to figure out what wiped out ALL fish and inverts in my tank... I did notice the consistency was different than my previous buckets. Usually it's somewhat coarse, like table salt. This time it was much finer, like baking sugar almost.

I know that a lot of people have success with IO (and I did for 2 years before that too), but I've switched brands now.