View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 03:05 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve... View Post
Right now, both my carbon and pellets are separated. Is there also a break in period for GFO, like add little slowly and increase amount with time?
I know of many people who run GFO and Carbon in one reactor with success. The advantage in doing it this way is to save on space and money (and possibly added heat from an extra pump?). I've also seen people run two reactors off of one pump (i used to do this a while ago). Myself, I have the room in my sump so I just run separate reactors with separate pumps for two reasons:

1. I like to change out my media on alternating intervals. That is, on the 15th of every month I change out my GFO while on the 30th of every month I change out my Carbon. I do this to reduce my one time maintenance (ie, so that I'm not spending too much time changing out both media at once). I also like to spread the effects of the changes.

2. I like to flow different rates through my media.

At any rate, I've seen it done many different ways to suit peoples needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslicus View Post
Thank you Kien!
You're welcome. I'm happy to see that things are working out now. See, I told you not to panic :-) Now just sit back and let your tank settle in