View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 03:46 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylumdown View Post
wow. What lights are you running these days? I noticed a few specimens in your tank that I also have, but mine definitely do not look that good. I read through a hundred pages of this thread once, but I can't remember!
Hey Adam! I'm currently running 14K Phoenix bulbs (250 watt) with 4x39 watt 22k T5s for supplementation. Pretty much the same configuration I've been running on this tank since the beginning. I have experimented with bulbs over the years though. I've been through pretty much all the bulbs that my fixture can handle.. 10K, 14K, 20K, Ushio, XM, Phoenix, eBay, etc.. Out of all my testing my favourite is the Pheonix 14K with 22K T5s. Best compromise for growth vs colour. 10K will grow stuff faster but the colours tend to be more washed out. 20K halides will pop colours more but growth is a tad slower.

Anyway, we should compare notes and maybe trade some frags. I read somewhere that you were bursting at the seems LOL. I have a few colonies that I'm on the verge of needing to prune back as well as they are about to go to war on one another