View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 07:27 PM

Simons is on a distinguished road

I would agree that this is somewhat of a 'cold like symptom' story. I do believe that in 90% of the cases of ICH, you really can not completely eradicate a tank of the parasite unless you use measures that would likely kill most of your fish in the process.

I have been keeping fish for over a decade and I have not had a "visible" case of ICH in the past 5 years however; I have seen my fish flashing on occasion and it makes me wonder if this is some form of the parasite before the visible stage.

Fish are similar to humans in many regards, stress will cause them to get sick, and sick by a parasite seems illogical; if they were not sick by it before why would they get sick now if this parasite has 'always' been in the tank??

All I do know is when you have very active, colorful healthy looking fish that are not obviously stressed, they get sick less. So I guess the scientist in my believes there may still be spores of the parasite in the tank after ICH but it's my fishes stress level that dictates whether they will actually become more susceptible to the parasite or not.