View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 06:32 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafudafish View Post
But ich shouldn't be much of a worry if the fish are eating.theyll get over it. I have an Achilles that had ich for 8 months but he always ate like crazy, eventually got over it.
I would agree with this as well. There are essentially two camps when it comes to ich. There are those who believe that fish can live with ich in the tank just fine so long as the fish are healthy. They may occasionally get ich spots on them but can fight it off if they are healthy, active and eating. It's sort of like getting a cold in this regard. Then there are those believe that ich is the root of all evil and needs to be eradicated at all cost. There is really only anecdotal evidence for either case, nothing truly scientific. You just simply have to decide for yourself which camp you want to belong to. In other words, there is no right or wrong answer, unfortunately.

In my own experience, I have never tried to eradicate ich from my tank through any means. I have four tangs, two of which get ich constantly (blue tang and powder blue tang). I have had my blue tang for over 4 years and my Powder Blue tang for 3 years. In fact, my Powder Blue tang is currently stressed again because I just added a new fish so he has ich again. However, I know that the ich will be fought off and he will remain clear of visible ich infections shortly because he is still very healthy, active and eating, despite having spots of ich on him.

Last edited by kien; 03-19-2013 at 06:34 PM.