View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 06:11 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough
Default Herbie to Bean Animal Overflow Conversion

So recently I have been reading a lot about this "Bean Animal" overflow that's supposed to be the Bee's Knees. Currently on my tank I employ the Herbie overflow which has worked out quite well. However, I do like to keep current whenever feasible. Plus, I'm not typically the type to knock something unless I myself have tried it. So, this morning I set out to see what all the hype was about with this "Bean Animal" overflow by attempting to convert my Herbie to the "Bean Animal".

First off, I have to say that this was probably one of the easier DIY projects that I have every done on the tank. Possibly the most fun as well. It went so smoothly that I didn't even have much down time to document the various steps (sorry; if you would like detailed instructions feel free to PM me!).

Here is the final result.

For comparison sake here's what the old boring Herbie overflow looks like.

And her is the new "Bean Animal" overflow.

Conclusion:

I have to say, WOW!! What a difference this conversion made. Not only does the "Bean Animal" overflow liven up an otherwise boring Herbie/Durso/Stockman but man is this thing quiet. Dead quiet! My Herbie overflow was pretty quiet, but the "Bean Animal" has managed to surpass it in quietness. All overflow noise has been COMPLETELY muffled out. Truly AMAZING! Also, the "Bean Animal" overflow is truly set and forget. Once I set it up there was no further adjustment required. The "Bean Animal" overflow gets two thumbs up and my seal of approval. I will highly recommend it to anyone building a new tank in the future or anyone wanting to update their existing non-"Bean Animal" overflow.

Last edited by kien; 03-16-2013 at 06:33 PM.