View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:16 PM

FragIt Dan is on a distinguished road

A drop of 1dKh/day is consistent with what I would expect from your description of your system. I am getting 1-2 dKh drop/day in all of my tanks. I dose about 750ml of dKh/day total between all of them to keep up. Once you determine how much Ca and Mg you need to add for every 1 dKh, you can just test dKh and add the appropriate ratio of each. Then it's just a matter of testing for the others much less often.
Dan
PS-Typing on the computer now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhasan View Post
Thank you so much Dan

I am a bit worried about the drop of 1dkh per day in my 20 gallon (filled with 50+ corals) but I guess its just the environment that got created in my tank.

I was thinking of Ca dosing, maybe like increase it by 20ppm or something in the middle of the week.

I thought I would go away without dosing but I guess I proved that one can "overstock" corals too :P

My corals are growing like crazy and I wouldn't mind some slow growth :P I just need the colors.

Thanks for typing that detailed reply with iphone. Typing in such "small" screen can be tough....you might want to move to something "bigger" Galaxy Note perhaps?
Save the Reef, Buy a Frag!