View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 03:11 PM

Jeff000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
really nice work so far. even tho i wouldn't have left the stand completely unsupported in the middle i'm sure that will hold the tank just fine. is there a reason it's sorta open in the middle? you have the diagonal piece in there anyways which sorta kills that useable space...

and the hanging frag tank is awesome keep it!
I think you are looking at the wrong picture. I had to build a table of sorts for them to build the tank on, and then slide the tank onto the actual stand.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I'm about as tall as your son there so as far as I am concerned, you are a GIANT! :-)

Seriously though, that depth is going to be ridiculously fun to aquascape I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing that!
I'm excited and scared to aquascape it, lol. One of my main live rock pieces is 45lbs and large. I'm half thinking of swimming to do the aquascape. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
I always just recommend people consider resale when they develop their basements, that's a lot of space to use for just a laundry room and bathroom and honestly potential home buyers are not likely going to be overly thrilled about the layout although I understand this is hardly ever the concern of the current new home owner.

I'd consider one bedroom in the top right, could be used as office or storage but a spare room on a different floor for the in-laws is quite handy . Keep the bathroom in the middle, could easily do a bathroom/laundry room combo in that space. Push the cabinet out a bit towards the pool table and put door for the bathroom between the poll and the stairs. Also a a second door from the bathroom to spare room would be a good idea. This way it's developed the way it should be, and future buyers could easily put up another wall to frame in the second bedroom if they want.
I plan on being here for 14 years (till the kid is 18). I'd rather get 14 years of enjoyment and then worry about the next guy at that point. It'll probably be due for a reno by then anyways.

Can't push the bar out to the pool table anymore, otherwise I lose the clearance needed to play pool.

I have thought about leaving the bathroom where it is though and putting a door between the stairs and the pole, just make the bar shorter so the door could open, so you would have to kind of open the door and then go left a bit to get into the bathroom. And then make the room with the window a laundry room that could later be made into whatever.
But then I thought having the door to the bathroom into the main area like that is kind of strange isn't it? Or is that the norm?