View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 11:18 PM

Bryan is on a distinguished road
Default 400 Radiums & Blue Wave ballasts.

Additional e-mail from Perry on the correct ballast.

>>>Bryan,

Your assumption about the S51, and the radium is correct, more white than the MH, but easier on the lamp (inherently, also more blue) than the SON AGRO.

The pulse start and standard domestic ballasts have different open circuit voltages, push slightly different wattages, and therefore, different amp pull.

Radium has specifically said that the M135 is the best domestic ballast for this short lived lamp, and thats what I recommend, and how I base my recommendation.

Difference with the HPS, and PS_MH is the ignitor is different, and the HPS runs at a much lower open circuit voltage.

-Perry

-----Original Message-----
Subject: RE: Regarding ballast for Radium

Thanks for the reply Perry:

I am skeptical about the SON AGRO ballast as well. From looking at the specs the power factor is only around 80 and it draws over 5 amps, not very efficient.

I do have a question if you don't mind, I thought rhe only difference between a M59 and a M135 ballast was the ignitor in the M135 ballast. Otherwise the ballasts are more or less the same, if true how does this whiten up the bulb,or is there some other differences.

What about running the radium bulb with a 400 watt S51 HPS ballast. Would this burn the bulb whiter than the pulse start but easier on the bulb than a 430 watt SON AGRO.

While on the subject what is the difference between a HPS ballast and a Metal Halide pulse ballast.

Thanks

-=Bryan=-
>>>>>>>>