View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
It goes the other way as well, while many vote for T5s and Halide I would wager most of these users would prefer to run some kind of LED if it was financially feasible. On the other hand the amount of people running LEDs that would switch back are probably pretty scarce. Personally if you're a light snob like me the sols are not the right LEDs to use. I've never liked the color or effect from them and the full spectrum fixtures available today are significantly better for color. Anyone that's used them both will likely agree.
I think the financial comments make you a snob, not your choice in lights

I think the SOLs are great. If were making a LED purchase all over again, I would choose them again. I think they compare well to the Radion at a lot less money, and I didn't personally like the light on the Mitras. Vertex is nice, but not worth the cost for my needs.
Don't get me wrong, LED are nice, and have tons of great features that MH don't, but for pure light quality and the effects of that light on SPS corals, that I have personally viewed, MH is a superior light source. Does that make it an all around better light? No, probably not.