View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 02:53 AM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcaneyedo View Post
I tried 45 degree elbows for the outputs of my returns initially as well but I found they just shot water right to the bottom which blew sand around and 90 degree looked like the wake behind a boat. So I cut an angle at the end of the 90 and that worked best. With your smaller return pump you might be alright though.

No time for a longer post right now.
Hey, Thanks. Ill have to watch for that. Im kind of going for the lower turnover through the sump and using the main flow from the vortechs. (ideally closed loop could provide the high flow but im very uneasy drilling all them holes in a tank that im not sure is designed for it )

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post
What kind of overflow are you going to run? Are you planning on an internal wier? Or just leaving the holes as overflows?
Take a bean animal and instead of the 2 main elbows turning down they will all be turned up. Ideally I was going to do an internal overflow box and have a bean animal overflow but due to the tank only being 18" front to back it would have closed off way too much of the tank. So its just going to be ugly elbows in the tank but oh well. It will work. Ill take some pics when the waters flowing to give you an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Yea what this guy is asking^^^

I'd like to rip my tank apart and take my overflows out and do that very thing with the holes.
Good to see your setting up again and off to a nice start. We need more tanks in town.
Hey. See above. Do you want an internal overflow box? If your ripping your tank apart id look into doing an external box, all the surface skimming and nothing to see. I find it quite amazing that other towns around our size have 2 or 3 nice stores but not us. Oh well. Just have to wait a bit longer. Havent seen an updated pic on your tank lately. Hows it doing?

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"