View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I'd go with a sock over a sponge, any day.

I'm sort of on the fence otherwise though. I've been using 4" socks after having used the larger ones for years. I was hoping the smaller ones would be easier to clean and thus I would do it more, but it hasn't really worked out that way.

My take on this is if you want to go with socks, make it so that it's ridiculously easy to replace them. What I wish I had done with my sump was rather than having the pipe exit into the sock, have the pipe enter a chamber with a tall dam/baffle and have the sock on a horizontal baffle so that water has to pass over the sock. Then when this part overflows (into the next chamber in the sump) then 1) you'd know it was time to take the sock out and clean it, and 2) no need to undo pipes to get the sock(s) in our out.