View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 05:02 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Can you post a picture? The reason I ask is that it's still not really clear what species it is. The 3 big carpet species (excluding minimaxi types), Stichodactyla haddoni, S. gigantea, and S. mertensii have differing survivabilities post-collection. Generally speaking after a month or so they are all pretty hardy, but that first month can be really dicey. Haddoni is usually not too bad in this first month period. Gigantea is usually terrible. The problem is handling techniques in the chain of custody from collection to retail. Mertensii, I'm pretty sure you don't have mertensii, they are VERY rare to show up in the hobby, and that is possibly a good thing because they get beyond enormous (think 30" diameter).

White generally means reduced or a complete lack of zooxanthellae. Currently the amemone is not really reaping any direct benefit from the light anyhow, so I would agree with reefwars to turn down the light a little in the short term.

Good luck!