View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:20 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Unfortunately the proud charging system is very different from conventional vehicles. The hybrid charging system charges the drive battery and also has a 100 amp 12v charging system for the rest of the vehicle. It might be a good thing if it can handle 100 amps continuous but imnot sure about that.

I built my box behind a wheel well in the cargo area of my blazer and its not too bad for taking up space. Definitely making a fiberglass one next time tho.

If your talking mpg like that then my blazer would get 20% more than I stated. Its been something that has driven me effing crazy with the auto industry in Canada. A few years ago some overpaid marketing person figured out if they use a Canadian gallon (4.54l) instead of a us gallon (3.78l) then all vehicles get a 20% fuel economy boost with nothing else different. That's why 5 years ago or so all vehicles started getting "better" fuel economy. Its so close to false advertising it isn't even funny. No one even uses a Canadian gallon for ANYTHING.

Ok, putting my soapbox away
No thats what i am actualy getting driving to work and back, that why i bought this it was costing me about 700 bucks a month in diesel.
Ya if it is 100 am continuis then you should be fine. New cars are generaly quieter and the new digital amps are much more efficient.
Does anyone know if they make a spell check plugin for the board for android. Whats worse is my keyboad hides some of the box so i cant see 1/2 of what i am typing lol
Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.