View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:05 PM

Baldy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
look into the power draw with he heater fan on full, the lights on high beam ect... but stereo off. then figure out the power requirement of your stereo and see if you can upgrade the alternator if you have to. you going to run new wires for the amps so realy you just have to worry about pulling your batteries down.

I have a bit more room as I bought a fusion (42-47mpg) I am looking at using one of the sides of the trunk (behind the wheel well) and making a custom fiberglass box there (spare tire will stay in the car as I might need that). I am trying to maintain as much as my trunk as I can. got to have some place for the hockey gear.

Steve
Unfortunately the proud charging system is very different from conventional vehicles. The hybrid charging system charges the drive battery and also has a 100 amp 12v charging system for the rest of the vehicle. It might be a good thing if it can handle 100 amps continuous but imnot sure about that.

I built my box behind a wheel well in the cargo area of my blazer and its not too bad for taking up space. Definitely making a fiberglass one next time tho.

If your talking mpg like that then my blazer would get 20% more than I stated. Its been something that has driven me effing crazy with the auto industry in Canada. A few years ago some overpaid marketing person figured out if they use a Canadian gallon (4.54l) instead of a us gallon (3.78l) then all vehicles get a 20% fuel economy boost with nothing else different. That's why 5 years ago or so all vehicles started getting "better" fuel economy. Its so close to false advertising it isn't even funny. No one even uses a Canadian gallon for ANYTHING.

Ok, putting my soapbox away

75g reef w/ 20g sump, 100lbs LR, Tunze 9006 skimmer, 3 part dosing, DIY 66 LED fixture, Reefleeper Lite
LED build here: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/29498...h-mount-build/