View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
Watched several clips on YouTube tonight about various SW aquariums housekeeping, fish, CUC and various filtration systems and I found it funny to listen or watch some of these guys explain about their tanks because it is really hard to take somebody seriously who dresses as a gangsta and talks like one he maybe knowledgable but sorry when someone uses words like "dawg" , "da snizzle" , "dat" and other words I can't help myself I burst out laughing and wishing I could give them something like hooked on phonics because I just can't take them seriously.

I may be old fashioned but when a guy stands in front of a camera hat turned to the side or backwards wears lots of "bling" and uses street slang there is no way I can take that person seriously no matter how knowledgable they may be on the subject. In my world presentation is everything.
It the internet and cell phones dragging down the language skills of the newer generation.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.