View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 PM

Baldy is on a distinguished road

The biopellets came off back in April, the mag dosing started in the beginning of Dec, but I had been manually dosing a bit before that. The chaeto was put in right before Christmas to try and remedy the cyano. I was getting 0 nitrates and phos but bad cyano during the day so I tried chaeto and had been running gfo for a long time already. So the changes have been spread out. The mag has climbed 50-100ppm in the last month so it's not changing too much.

I'm with you as well and don't make too many changes too fast but something bad to be done about.the cyano and gfo and chaeto weren't doing much. Since using chemiclean I haven't had a bit of cyano return and I actually get a reading of phos even if it's a little bit. Before it wasn't reading any at all.

Something tells me id need to pull the cheato out in order for nitrates to come up as it grows pretty quick. It grew 4-5x its size in the first month.

75g reef w/ 20g sump, 100lbs LR, Tunze 9006 skimmer, 3 part dosing, DIY 66 LED fixture, Reefleeper Lite
LED build here: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/29498...h-mount-build/