View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 PM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
I really like those ID cards at Red Coral & would love to see them at all store for a couple reasons. It might really help new people to SW realize that they need to research there upcoming purchases. It's also helpful for some of us with minds packed full of work, family & life stuff to remember curtain facts about a curtain spicies.

If Steve can do it with a store that has only 3 employees then why can other stores as well. I mean seriously the stores are not always pack with customers from open to close, have one of the employees do it that have a pation for the hobby who knows they might really enjoy doing it.
A few of the nicest stores in the states that I visited had color coded sections...(on the floor) Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red. Blue was for new to SW, Green was some experience, Yellow was experience and coral, Orange were SPS (some) and Red was things Like Moorish Idols, and hard to care for corals....I liked that. It was all on the wall as you went in - the explanations. And painting the floor is easy. At the front of each Aisle was either a touch-screen or a simple list with what was/is available...numbered by tank. Then there was a laptop station where you could look up requirements etc. RED was not allowed to be purchased by people they had only seen a few times, unless for som reason someone spoke for you. Was quite amazing...I realize that may be hard...but too many times you get a ooooh so beautifull---tank home....oooh so dead It's hard as a lot of people worry if they don't take something now will it be there after they research....one should then just research and order another if it works for you...but most don't