View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:44 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
Mine come out like clockwork when the lights get to around 40% at 7:30 pm. By 9:30 pm they are in full bloom and I turn off all the power heads and the return pump, and spot feed them oyster feast with a turkey baster. They have always come out around the same time and are definitely nocturnal.
actually they can be trained to stay out all day and feed in the day ,its all about how well they are fed and triggering feeding responses consistently.

night or day has nothing to do with it(in this case anyways) corals from the wild feed at night when the water is heavy with live food(trained to eat at night) , in captivity we can train them to come out and even stay out all day by doing just the same but in bright lighting.

once trained to feed in the light they will respond to anything as simple as change of flow , ditrius or animals passing by etc.

success to these corals is fairly easy its the consistency part that gets them , a few missed feedings or lack of care ends up in weeks of food treatments.