View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:43 AM

burge1234 is on a distinguished road

with the fluval edge you have to keep up on water evaporation. if you dont you will always have a water level line showing. Along with the pump and heaters in view. This concept gives you a 360 view plus top view of your tank with no pumps, heaters or cords blocking your view. With what i have set up now i would have to have about 20 gallons of water to evaporate before the water level in the upper tank would change. And with a sump it will never change unless you really neglect your tank. The only piece of equipment that will be seen in the tank will be the light which i will be hanging from the ceiling. Its wont be for everybody I know that for sure but the whole concept is very neat and attractive to look at from all angles. It has also proven to be quite a conversation piece for everyone that comes over. Dont get me wrong i will never not have a traditional tank for one reason only. I cant see the bottom of this tank without the lids open which in a reef tank is the most exciting part for me. As for the fluval edge..... without an automatic top off i just see it being a pain