Thread: Skimmer advice
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:26 PM

swimfan is on a distinguished road

I agree subman, I think the skimmer is the most crucial component, and I'm not opposed to spending more for a better product. I never thought it would be such a difficult decision. Besides the numbers mentioned before, and the craftsmanship of the product itself what is the other measurable variables.

I guess I am wondering how big of a difference one could expect, from just comparing the three nick mentioned.

Poor analogy, but I have friends that won't use anything but Callaway Golf clubs, and swear they are a better clubs, and I have friends who play with much less expensive clubs, strikingly similar in build, materials and have used both, now in that case I would buy the less expensive ones because, speaking for myself couldn't notice a difference, however if I could notice a difference I would gladly justify the callaways.

Besides those numbers what else should a person look for in a skimmer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
There is WAY more to skimmers than strictly numbers. I like Bluetang had multiple lower end skimmers and finally broke down and bought a BK and now on #2 (as I upgraded the tank) I am a firm believer in getting the best skimmer you can. Save money in other places