View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 04:21 PM

craigwmiller is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I can clearly capture it with my camera much like you've captured it here with your camera and I am one of the few people who can see the separation on that fixture as well.
Hmm, never put 2 & 2 together on this, but you've sparked an idea. Most people can't notice visibly anything faster than 60 frames per second -- which is also the point where most camera's stop motion from blurring (with the correct ISO obviously).

I also have 2 Vega's and can't notice disco ball effect (even with Red+Green at 100%) with my eyes, but my plain camera does easily...

I'll put my D200 onto the tripod later and play with exposures to find out where the camera can (and then can not) see the disco effect...

I'm sure that the people who notice the disco effect have a higher or lower internal frame rate in their retina's -- It'll be curious as to which it is