View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:38 PM

riceboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to riceboy

seeing all these nice plumbing, makes me want to rip up all my tubes and redo it, next tank i will have to use pipes for my plumbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakegr View Post
Very slow progress!

Came down to Mitras vs. Kessil. Went with the Kessil because of its small size, price, and I like the mounting arm. Knowing me I'll regret my decision in two weeks, but so far I like my choice.

The overflow. I used stockman-like standpipes due to a lack of space. If it doesn't work out I'll try another design.

Cut out a few teeth and fed the loc-line under the eurobrace.

Not quite finished the plumbing. Still need to build something to support it, and I need to finish the return plumbing. The DC5000 has a weird sized outlet, 1.25" and I couldn't find a PVC 1.25"-1" threaded bushing in Vancouver. I have accepted I'll have to use the 1.25"/1" barbed adapter that came with the pump, which I'll attach to hard plumbing with a 1" barb/male threaded adapter.

Still lots to do.
-concept built 3'x2'x22" full starfire tank with starfire 1 piece eurobrace and built in wave box, 1 jebao wp25, 4 mp10wes, ati led Hybrid 8 bulb fixture, csc 250 skimmer, Magdrive 18 return pump, apex lite, custom sump from concepts, biopellet reactor and carbon and gfo,bubble magnus doser and jbj ato, custom acrylic frag tank with 6 bulb t5
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70851