View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:40 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
just wondering what keeps you going with your tanks? ive been so unmotivated lately to the point of shuttng down both and getting out. fish dying, corals dying, tanks look crappy. i know i should test to see whats going on but i am not motivated to do so. ive procrastinated posting this as i ws hoping once i got back from our trip, things would change. ii still have to do a water change tonight, but got home late from work and just taking a minute to unwind. does anyone else ever go through this? ive onnly been doing this for 2 years, but sometimes i fell like i just dont get it....maybe a break is all thats needed....
I think everyone gets to this point sometimes. I find setting up a new tank and getting everything to thrive is the most exciting part of the hobby, so I end up shutting down and restarting tanks every year or 2. Mind you most of my tanks are overly large either. I just recently shut down a medium sized tank to go back to a 29g. I had a 29g for 2 years set up before and it has always been my favorite so I went back to this size. I sold just about everything and bought completly different equipment to try out. So far so good. Of course my wife hates this because I have about a dozen hobbies that I jump back and forth to and she thinks I have a problem but I just crave change. It's not my fault!