View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:17 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperfish View Post
I have been using SOL's for quite some time a just recently bought the Vega because I have had such good results with the SOL. When I tried to purchase my Vega colour in black right before Christmas I found one available in all of Canada because no one can keep them on the shelves so despite Reefwars negative comments, they are a very popular item. Having used the Vega for over a month now I have to say its well built, performs excellent, and it can support demanding SPS (even at the bottom). If a light does the job and does it well like AI and Ecotech does, what else are people looking for? Is someone's tank going to be twice a colourful, or corals grow twice as fast because they paid twice as much? I don't think so. If you are just looking for bragging rights or to belong to an elite group go ahead but don't justify it by saying all the others are crap. Besides, it's electronics, spend all you want and it's going to be worthless in a short time. A lot of people spent big money on the early "high end" LED's and they don't even rank anymore.

ok im again pre coffee so ill play.... happily

you only found one available in canada not because they sell out so fast but because they arnt availble , heres a serious challange for you name five retailers who have the vegas in stock on their shelves and stock them reguarily??

you wont , not because retailers cant sell them ....they simply arnt available in large numbers and readily.

i bet in the coming years AI fades away period.....

im happy your happy with your light i didnt say you wouldnt be , ive used the sols,vegas,razors,mazzerra,g1,g2 and ghl and find Ai not even at par with any of the others ( although im not a big fan of the mazzerra)

i wonder what the resale value is on a vega?? i bet its also not comparable with radion or ghl which still hold their value long after.

how about other ai products??

if your only experience is with ai then you have no user merit to your comment , just your own user experience with that one light ....

pre coffee so im off the hook.....now ill go have my coffee

cheers