Thread: purple tang
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:00 AM

chevyjaxon is on a distinguished road

there aren't any issues with my tank other than me raising my salinity. which my tank is now doing nicely from. I do a minimum 20% change every week which consists of two 15 gallon water changes. my total system is 150 gallons. I rarely have any issues with fish in my tank, and always take any appropriate measures to make sure all are healthy. a purple tang is not conspecific to anything I have in my tank. like I've said I have kept a scopas,unicorn, and yellow tang all housed together at the same time in this tank. just because other people have had no sucess for what ever reason, dosent mean that I won't be sucessful. In all likelyhood I won't be getting the fish from steve now because of the animosity you are all stirring up about this. but that dosent mean that I still won't go out next week when I'm sure my tank can handle it and purchase one. if I were an irresponsible aquariast that fish would already be in my tank period. and end of discussion. I started this thread not to rile the tang police but instead to find out what is a fair price is for this particular fish. oh one more thing, the reason for my sucess with tangs is the fact that I have nearly three grand worth of live rock in my tank. lotsa territory to name and hide in on my small reef by that measure.