View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

I had a Goldstrip Maroon Clownfish that was the living definition of *******. It would smash SPS frags and colonies into pieces (literally), pick up anything semi-loose (like freshly glued frags) and drop them into the waiting tentacles of my mini-maxi nem who'd sting the living **** of of said coral. And, best of all, LOVED to bite me. I'm not talking little nibble bites but full on chunks out of my arm and hand.

So, of course, one day, after a complete **** day at work, I had a heater go in the tank (this was pre-sump days) which promptly fried a bunch of corals and I needed to spend a couple hours elbow deep in the tank trying to clean up the aftermath... all while the little **** was biting me (blood pressure quickly rising...). At one point the damn fish latched onto my arm and wouldn't let go. I yanked my arm out of the tank in a full on rage, fish still attached. Once I had him about 2 ft off the water I grabbed him and pulled him off my arm (with a good gush of blood following shortly behind) and was faced with several options:

1) squish the bastard until it exploded
2) baseball pitch it out the window
3) baseball pitch it out the window but purposely miss the open window and hit the wall

... damn near had a rage black out. Took a minute or two to calm down, be the bigger species and let the fish back into the tank. Had to go for a 45 minute walk just to come down.

The worst part was.... it wasn't even my fish! I was fish sitting while my buddy was away traveling. I celebrated with many beers the day that SOB left my tank.