View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:57 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
And Myka I'm going to strongly disagree IMO that those guys are a joke and am surprised you of all people think different. Maybe read in to their methods cuz it's pretty much everything you say not to do. They're all about the money. Never any mention at all about the health of the fish or survival rate.
They are bringing attention to the hobby, and that is a good thing. They are bringing in new people, and new money. The bigger and stronger the marine economy is the better for us hobbyists. I met them briefly at MACNA, and know several people that have spent some time with them (dinners and such) and I think they are quite humble people. They are certainly very friendly, and willing to talk about their business and show. I don't think they are "all about the money". They have families, they are real people too.

There is more than one way to skin a cat, and what they do works or they wouldn't be in business. If all their fish died and the setups failed they wouldn't be in business. People pay a small fortune for the tanks ATM sets up, and the owners would not put up with a bunch of dead fish. Think about it.

Is it my taste? If money wasn't a factor, I would LOVE an ATM FO tank! I wouldn't put so many fish in though simply because I wouldn't want to do the maintenance involved with such high bioload. I think the artificial reef structures are often distracting from the fish because the structures are so colorful and busy, but something simpler would look quite nice I think. FOWLR tanks with bare live rock aren't overly attractive imo.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 01-02-2013 at 01:01 PM.