View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:09 PM

RenHoek104 is on a distinguished road

I've done water changes once a month.

I have some crabs, snails and one blue gudgeon in the tank. I have some zoas and mushrooms as well.

I've brought my water to the LFS and they all use the API tests. During my last "outbreak" they also read positive. However, they also read a positive reading on freshly mixed saltwater.

I was actually testing my water to add some corals and fish to the tank (Christmas money to spend) and saw 0.25 on the API kit and 0.06 on the Hagen test.

I agree that the API test kits are useless because I have no NO2 and no NO3, the two by-products of NH3. I'm wondering if I shouldn't add an air pump to the sump. I mean, I think the skimmer creates enough air bubbles and the MP10 creates a nice ripple effect all over the tank, but who knows.

Ren
33G DT - 10G sump - Eshopps PSK-100H - Eheim Compact+ 3000 - CPR CS50 overflow - 2x Hydor 750 (not used) - 1x Vortech MP10ESw - Radion LED - 7x Hermit Crabs - 2x Peppermint Shrimps - 3x Astrea - 4-5x Nassarius (they spawned) - Zoas - Mushrooms - 37lbs of live rock - 56lbs of base rock