View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:22 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
You see Tim, this is where it all falls apart. Corporate sponsors are doing it for advertising and tax right offs. No goodwill in there anywhere.
I guess there are 2 sides to the window, and you're on the outside looking in. But from inside, your plan is just ridiculous. Hospital staff will resent the money spent, parents with kids that suffer from being without gear will wonder how anyone could possibly waste money on a fish tank when kids are sick. Most kids are in and out, and could care less about fish. The kids that are in longer can't even get out to the hallway to see the fish, they're tied to a bunch of equipment that can't be moved.
I know you mean well, but you show complete lack of understanding of what is needed in the medical world. Supplies, training, more staff, faster turn around times in the lab. On the list of the most needed 1000 items in a hospital, a fish tank isn't on the list.
My daughter nearly died in November and the last thing I, her, my wife, the staff or anyone else cared about was fish. We need gear, we need meds, we need food and and we need staff. Not a fish tank. Seriously, maybe go talk to some people on the ground and ask how many think a tank outweighs life saving supplies.
I really don't mean to be an ass, but 50k worth of anything that isn't saving lives or improving the quality of life remaining is a complete waste of money. And no, when a kid just needs air in her lungs, a tank isn't improving anything
Well said and I 100% agree