View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 04:43 PM

howdy20012002 is on a distinguished road

If you are serious about this, I would suggest going and talking to the owner of AI.
they have tanks around the city in various public buildings and I am pretty sure that they do it all as advertisement..they also have full time staff running around doing tank maintenance.
I still think a 600 gallon is going to be a very steep hill and like many others have suggested, the money may be better spent elsewhere.
however, perhaps a smaller tank, like a 90 gallon FOWLR is something that is a more reasonable goal and I personally would be willing to help supply fish and LR towards its completion.
the biggest thing, IMO, to make this happen is so that it is not going to cost the hospital anything as I am pretty sure you will not be able to convince them that the money is well spent on fish verse kids....
I think that you are going to need to get a maintenance company on board that is willing to donate their time and supplies to maintain the tank...otherwise I don't see this happening.
As much as I like your enthusiasm, I personally think that taking people's money as donations at this point is a bit premature as there are many many steps in this procedure and I don't see this being a quick venture.
all the best
and like I said, Marine Experience will be willing to donate some fish and LR towards this if it reaches the point of filling the tank.
Neal

Last edited by howdy20012002; 12-30-2012 at 04:52 PM.