View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:14 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
So what your saying is I'm going to need a significant pod population in any tank I want to have them in. Gotcha!

Ideally I was thinking the tank at the office, as a few people have inquired about seahorses (which I have said no to) but a pipe or two might be enough to make them happy if they want something that is "delicate and graceful"
Ya, it's funny I get that question ALL the time from guests. "So, have you thought about putting a seahorse in your tank?", "how come you don't have a seahorse?", "When are you getting a seahorse". Then I gotta go into my whole spiel about suitable environments for seahorse, etc, etc.. But now I just point to the pipefish and that usually satisfies them.

I personally wouldn't recommend a pipefish unless you have a well established pod population. I have a dragonet fish that used to only eat pods as well and used to hunt pods with the pipefish. Then one day he figured out that he liked mysis better. He doesn't do much pod hunting anymore while the pipefish still do, even after seeing their pod hunting buddy quit that habit.