View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:28 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
How do you find it keeping a Dragon Pipe in a large tank? Do you have to spot feed him (or her) at feeding time? Do any of his (or her) larger tank mates harass him (or her).
I have 3 pipe fish currently and they do well in my tank. I've had other types of pipefish with no luck so I've concluded that the Dragon Pipefish are the easiest of all the ones available. I think this is mostly because they don't openly swim so they are not blasted around by the flow. They mostly just slink around hunting for pods. One pipefish I've had for a couple of years and the other ones I've had for about a year. I've noticed that they are quite sociable as they always sleep together and often hang out together during the day. I have never seen any of them eat mysis or any other prepared food. They strictly eat pods. Their mouths are so small I'm not even sure how they would eat mysis. I have not seen any other fish bother the pipefish and they are not skittish at all. Even my most aggressive fish, my pair of clown fish don't bother them if they slink near their anemone. Every time I am in the tank or near the tank they get very curious and come slinking by. They are ALWAYS photobombing whatever I happen to be trying to photograph, those buggers!