View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 06:04 PM

SoloSK71 is on a distinguished road

Picking one specific but nameless store, if you can't or won't treat your livestock properly and that causes loss and increased prices, then I will refuse to buy from you. Prices at some stores are high because they appear to be the cause of their own losses.

During a recent trip that came after a couple of orders arrived at the store I observed the following:

1) 3 times i saw staff open shipping bags and dump stock into tanks with no acclimitization at all
2) 3 tanks with companion fish/coral pairings where the coral was not secured and was being washed around the tank and being stung by other corals as well as hitting rock
3) 2 tanks of snail species that are not able to turn themselves over packed so tight that there were towers of snails 5 high and multiple snails upside down and dead
4) Multiple tanks with non-reef safe species in with incompatible species, or aggressive species mixed together

Charles

Success in this hobby does not count how you spend your money, it counts how you spend your time.