View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Ooi View Post
Thansk for your explanation.
Te 12V DC power supply, the potintiometer you mention , is it the the plastic which have philips screw head?
my dimmer just arrived yesterday. I have yet to open up to inspec what is inside , but it felt like almost nothing and very light wieght. I have LED which spec at 10watts(running at 10V, 1A current). Theoretically should able to handle up to 8 LED per dimmer base on the label stated there 8A. For safety reason, i might just want to keep 6-7 LED per dimmer.
On both my power supplies the adjustment potentiometer is as you describe, located next to the power supply power "ON" indicator LED. If you look at the photo on post #46 closely, you should be able to see it on the left of the power supply front panel. It's the only adjustment that is accessible from the outside of the power supply.

Definitely a good idea to keep the number of LEDs per dimmer below 8 as you plan to do. Having said that, the dimmer controlling my 10000K LEDs is doing fine with 10 of them hooked up. Of course I don't run them at full voltage/current, but it reminds me that it might be a good idea to add one more dimmer! Seems to me when I first ran the fixture one of the dimmers had both the 10000K & 6000K on it, meaning a total of 14 LEDs plus the cooling fans! No issues, but I don't know what I was thinking & certainly wouldn't recommend that, even though I had the voltage down at 4 to 5 volts.

Last edited by mike31154; 12-17-2012 at 02:19 PM.