View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:23 PM

Stones is on a distinguished road

Nice looking rockwork in that edge! I have a 6 gallon edge so I know how difficult it is do any work through that little access hole.

What are you planning on going with for upgraded lighting? I've seen a few edges that were using AI Nano fixtures but more and more people have been going the DIY LED route.

Not to highjack your thread, but I built a DIY LED light fixture for my 6 gallon FW edge for about half of what an AI nano goes for using Cree LEDs and a dimmable meanwell driver. You could shave off quite a few bucks if you went with a DIY kit from aquastyleonline which is what I would have done had I known about their products at the time.

Got the heatsink from heatsinkusa and it fits perfectly inside of the edge hood. I still have to add an acrylic splash guard and wire in a fan ontop of the heatsink for cooling but I'm thinking it will be more than enough light for my 6 gallon. Depending on how comfortable you are with DIY projects, you can definately save a few dollars going this route and also add in some colored LEDs like red, green, and UV not found in the AI nano.