View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 PM

mandyplo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post
What pump are you using to feed the BRS reactors?

Do you have any other form of filtration on the tank right now?

How long has the tank been running?

What are you looking to get out of this filtration? Mechanical? Nutrient Export? Biological filtration?

More info = better help.

Edit: Is the only thing you have running for filtration at the moment just live rock? And skimmer?
Hi - I have a protein skimmer rated for a 200gallon tank, my tank is 55g. The tank has been running since January 2011 but we recently did a tank move from my bfs to my house and the water quality has really only been tip top for about 1.5-2 months (bf let the tank go to sh** at his house, this is why I took ownership).
What am I looking to get out of the filtration? Well I have a skimmer and live rock, that's it (I have a sump now too that I plan to put some chaeto in). So I would like my water to be more crisp, less cloudy (not that its super cloudy but it could definitely be more clear/crisp). I think there are a lot of suspended bubbles that are making it look cloudy, and I'm not sure why there are so many tiny bubbles...(they keep coming out of my return jet in spurts) I also do NOT have high nitrates or nitrites or ammonia...

If theres anything else you'd like to know please ask!