View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:03 PM

mandyplo is on a distinguished road
Default My filtration is not working - needs to be replaced fast, what do you reccomend?

Just purchased the dual Carbon & GFO reactor from BRS and it is simply not working - They have tried trouble shooting with me online and we cannot determine the problem, they are sending a replacement part but I have doubts it will help. (Not working as in no flow coming out of product line - it is dripping painfully slow and my GFO will not tumble, it sits as a solid brick on the bottom).

In the mean time, (and probably to keep as my permanent filtration) I am looking to purchase a new filtration unit. What do you guys recommend? I have been looking at the Fluval G3 unit and really like the sounds of it - just not so sure I'm ready to drop $300 on it. However fellow reefer experiences and reviews/recommendations tend to persuade me otherwise...

Any other recommendations? What about Bio Pellets? Can a bio pellet reactor replace a Carbon & GFO filtration system?

Thanks guys I have to put something in there fast I just purchased some clams that I'm really afraid of losing!

Edit: My tank is 55g with a very small bioload - 5 small fish, 2 clams and 2 corals